Thursday, November 25, 2004

Thanks Mother Nature! NOT!

So I leave my house earlier today to go down state to my mom's house for Thanksgiving a three hour drive. So I hop on the freeway and I notice the pavement is awfully shiny and up ahead I see cop lights flashing and as I get closer I see a truck flipped over on the road and another in the ditch. So I slow down and my car starts to swerve a little bit. I get my car under control and I slow way the hell down to like 25 mph. And I realize the hole free way is icy or commonly referred to as black ice. So I decided to keep going for a while, that this was probably just a small patch of the freeway that is like this. So I'm going along and I notice car after car in the ditch with people standing outside of them and other motorists stopped to help them. So I finally decided after hearing a weather report to turn around and head back home. So on my way back home this large truck goes flying past me. Then a little bit later I notice some red tail lights swerve to the left then sharply to the right and right off the road. As I drive by I notice it was the same truck that went flying by me. Luckily a few other cars had already stopped to help the driver and it really didn't look to bad the guy just got stuck down in the ditch. Luckily I made it back home in one piece. Damn you mother nature for keeping me from my family on thanksgiving and my mom's cooking. Oh well I've got like 3 local thanksgiving feast offers to choose from.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY may yours be better than mine.


MORAL OF THIS BLOG POST :
1. When its snowy and rainy out slow the hell down when your driving.
2. Don't live in the northern part of the country where you get this kind of weather.
3. Live closer to family.
4. Enjoy the holiday with your family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home