Tuesday, November 30, 2004

The Movies!!

The last couple of nights have been cool. Last night my room mate his girl and me went to see The Incredibles. Awesome movie people and a great family movie if some of you have yet to go see it go go go go. Pixar has just got a great talent in making movies that anybody can go see. I mean I'm 21 and I went with friends that are the same age as me and we loved it and its supposed to be like a kid/family movie. Pixar shows how you can make a movie anybody can love and have it not use sex or profanity. Something you cant say about Shrek 2. While I loved that movie, there were parts of it that I sat there think OMG kids are watching this. Did we really need to have pinochio wearing a thong. But Pixar did it with out such moments and did an awesome job. So if I haven't said this yet go see it.

And tonight the same three of us and another good friend went and saw National Treasure. It was a good fun movie to watch with your friends. It wasn't no where near as bad as the critics were saying it was. Ok the story wasn't even close to believable but it wasn't like they twisted the history books or anything. They just crafted a story around what we know of Americas history. It took a lot of creativity and research to make this flick. So if you wanna just go and have a good time with friends go see National Treasure.

Also what do you guys think of movie critics. Personally I cant stand them most of the time. It seems unless the movie is deep and emotionally moves you or something that it isn't a good movie. Unless memory servers me wrong but wasn't movies created to entertain. There's nothing wrong with movies that are deep and move you but seriously I watch movies to have fun. If I had fun watching the movie I say it was a good movie. It did what it set out to do, it entertained someone. But that's just my thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home