Sunday, December 12, 2004

Don't Trust Everything You Read on the Net!

This was a familiar saying while I was in Quixtar to defend against all the websites against them. Now any web savvy person knows that you can't trust everything you read on the net. Hell you can't trust even half the things. But that doesn't mean every website is all lies.

Well today while I was doing my routine check of cnn.com. I came across an article about how students are increasingly using nothing but the net for there research. For the full article click here.

Many teachers are worried that students aren't getting factually true information. Because they only look to the Internet. Like the students in the article I don't want to comb a library for 2 hours only to find one good source. When in like 10 seconds you could probably find at least 10 or 20 through google. While it is very difficult to figure out what is true and what is not. You just have to be careful and figure out what the authors intentions are.

I try to be as accurate as possible on my blog but I too fall victim to bad information like everyone else. But the great thing about blogs is that they are more about your opinions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home