Monday, May 10, 2004

Buisness and Life!

Lately I have been really questioning what life is really all about. What are we really supposed to do with the life we were given. According to the MLM company I was involved with, the business is the best thing we could do with it. I’ve heard this many of times, at all the seminars and the tapes that I listened to. The business seems to be god approved. I have a hard time buying into this. I have to say some of my biggest complaints about the business were all the secrecy and half truths that were told to me and everybody else in it. I was always told to fight to get into the smaller meetings in order to get the good information. The information I’m going to need to take my business to the next level. Now I have never actually qualified for one of them but I’ve been told what is said at them and they eventually put some of these talks on tape a few weeks later. I remember one such time I was told by my up line that they said in the talk that there were some groups of people that were telling lies about us. Apparently there was more than that said about it but that is all my up line would tell me because they were told not to discuss this with anybody. Now this makes me wonder why something like that would be restricted information. I think I have an idea why it would be because if they let everybody know many people in the business would look into it and they might actually believe what was being said. I believe I know what prompted this speech and I actually figured that I would hear something about it in the business at some point. It amazes me how badly they want to restrict the flow of information to us. I remember actually being told at a meeting one night that we should not read newspapers, watch the news or TV in general, don’t use the internet for anything other than to go to our business web page. The only place we should get our information from is them.

1 Comments:

At 1:46 AM , Blogger Jim Oliver said...

Hey Brian, thanks for visiting my site http://objectivefew.blogspot.com (The Objective Few). I enjoy reading about your experience with you MLM company. By the sounds of it, it appears you want out of it. Is this true? It's probably for the best that you do get out. I've read too many horror stories in the past couple days about people sinking alot of money ino these MLM networks without getting much in return. However, you need to do what's right for you.

I've been where you are right now, in a way I still am. I've learned that you must take life as it comes. I've had big dreams and plans, but life will often throw you a curveball. But let me encourage you just to keep on pluggin' away.

I graduated college with a degree in Communications (never do that). Anyway, I've jumped from job to job, but my jumps have been vertical in nature. Along the way, I've been figuring out what I really want to do for a living. While my wife and I don't make a ton of money, we were diligent savers. Because of this we just bought our first house, and we didn't have to settle for something we didn't like. We did this by working regular jobs, not by getting caught up in a get rich quick scheme.

Marriage has been a huge help in this whole process. The suppport I get is overwhelming. I've also had great parental support and for some reason, God has blessed me tremendously, although I don't deserve all that's been given me.

My point is, you have to figure life out for yourself. There is no one blueprint for life that's right for you. I would suggest though, that getting rich not be one of your life goals. Don't be afraid to make money, just don't let it consume you. Taking the time to enjoy life is what it's really all about.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home