Thursday, April 29, 2004

Continuation of my story

I went with my best friend to a meeting and would say after being many of them that meeting is not a good name for it. It is more like a recruitment presentation and a general bashing of yours and everybody else’s life. Apparently were all just a bunch of idiots. At this meeting the speaker went into some of the same things I was shown at the restaurant by my soon to be up line. The speaker then went more in depth about distribution models and the internet and how it was going to make everybody a millionaire. He also began talking about dreams, dreams of owning a big boat, driving a fast car and going on vacations in the tropics. All this got me very excited; I started seeing in my mind of me living like a rock star. Having anything I desired and having like tons of beautiful women hanging all around. Not until later did I realize how materialistic and not quite right this was and how much greed this brought out in me. But it got my juices pumped and I was ready to sign up right then and there but didn’t until several weeks later due to lack of funds. I was quite poor at the time. I remembered thinking that everybody would want to do this. Man was I wrong! I had never experienced such a whiplash in the way people treated me before.